Skip to main content

Being Thankful

When son #1 was in elementary school, he wrote an assignment from a holiday writing prompt. The teacher thought it was particularly good and sent me a copy. 

I liked it, too, so I decided to turn it into a Thanksgiving post, typos and all.







       One Thanksgiving, my family and I went to Granette and Paw Paw’s house.  It took us about 10 minutes to get there.
.        When we got there, we knocked on their door.  They came to the door and we said “Happy Thanksgiving”.  They lead us inside for Thanksgiving dinner.  It was in the kitchen.  We had turkey, pumpkin pie with wipped cream, iced tea and corn on the cob.
      Then we said “Goodbye” to Granette and Paw Paw and drove back home.  I was full of food.  I was thinking of being thankful.



Happy Thanksgiving.



Comments

  1. This was so sweet, thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving too. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet. I think I'll think about being thankful too. Happy Thanksgiving, Melissa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! I just hit 100 followers!!!
    I'm thankful for THAT. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I was full of food" hehehehe I love that.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    Oh! And congrats on your 100 followers!!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. kids always have a way with words. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's priceless! Love it! Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally sweet.

    At times like these I wish I had kids....

    I hope you had a wonderful weekend Melissa.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say.
Thanks for taking the time to comment. = )