Skip to main content

IWSG - February 2021

 This is my Insecure Writers Support Group post for February.



Alex's awesome co-hosts this month
 are: 

Louise - Fundy Blue , 
Please stop by their blogs and say thank you


February 3rd question: Blogging is often more than sharing stories. It's often the start of special friendships and relationships. Have you made any friends through the blogosphere?

Heck yeah! Although one of my longest-running friendships came first, before the blogging. I met Carrie Butler on a writer's site when I was looking for a CP. Being a marketing major, she drop-kicked me into nudged me to start blogging right before one of Rachael Harrie's Platform-Building campaigns. That grew my following fast. 

Since then, I've made lots of friends in the writing world. Some have come to be very dear--people I correspond with often, while others are professional acquaintances for whom I share a bit or promo or catch up with occasionally. Regardless, I'm a better person for every writer friend I've met. 

###

Note: I will probably skip the next IWSG. I'm in the process of buying a new house, and the window for closing and moving is currently predicted to be early March.

Thanks for visiting!


IWSG is the brainchild of Alex J. Cavanaugh. It's a monthly bloghop that offers a safe haven for writers to express their feelings and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. It's also a venue for offering  support, both in the form of comments and positive posts. Writers of all kinds are welcome. 

We 'meet' the first Wednesday of every month. If you're interested in learning more, click on the link above. And don't be intimidated by the size of the group. We're not expected to visit everyone on the list

Comments

  1. Haha! Always happy to lend a drop-kick. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad Carrie got you into blogging. I miss you, Carrie. I wish you'd come back to our group.

    Good luck on your house move. I hope it all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was part of that platform building campaign and found many new friends that way. Good luck with the new house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes we need a drop-kick.

    I hope the move goes well. Be sure to label all boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the sign off and moving time ... all the best - stay safe ... Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've known Carrie for years. We used to joke that we were related in name only but not really. Hi Melissa. Happy IWSG day. Best to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were my jump start into blogging! It was only by watching you that I figured out how to connect to others. So thank you, Melissa. You rock.

    Hope your house-buying and move goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,
    Good for you! Happy closing.
    Shalom aleichem,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! Exactly. I couldn't think of the term for 'someone I know through writing/blogging who occasionally kicks me into shape or gives me good advice'. You nailed it with professional acquaintance :)

    Good luck with your move!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree about blogging friends. Congrats on your new house!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with your house move. I feel your pain - from doing it last Feb-Mar. It was a long and painful process, so I hope yours goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on buying a house!!! I know you've wanted this for awhile now. And, really, thank you for being a friend to me, helping me with my writing, inviting me to participate in projects. I hold you close as a "real" friend, even if we haven't met face to face. Oh! See? We were ahead of our time in our "virtual" friendships! It's all the rave now...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sometimes drop-kicking is more efficient and saves a lot of that cajoling business. My first publisher did that for me. I didn't like the idea one bit, but here I am many years later, relishing the first Wednesday when I can connect with so many of my writer friends.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooo, it's gonna be busy but exciting for you. Good luck on a smooth move.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck with your move, and here's wishing you tons of happiness in the new abode.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, since I apparently missed seeing your blog last month, I'll just say good luck with the move. It can be exciting to move, but it can also be exhausting. Here's to you having the energy to do everything you need to do before passing out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can't wait to hear about your new house! So excited for you! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say.
Thanks for taking the time to comment. = )