Skip to main content

IWSG September - Are We There Yet?

 This is my Insecure Writers Support Group post for September 2021.



Alex's awesome co-hosts this month
 are: 

Please stop by their blogs and say thank you

💻💻💻💻💻

Random fact... When searching for the September question to build this post, I noticed that IWSG also stands for Integrated Waste Solutions Group. I guess that means we either polish up our manuscripts, or they get flushed. LOL

September question: How do you define success as a writer? Is it holding your book in your hand? Having a short story published? Making a certain amount of income from your writing?

Holding the very first paperback copy of my debut novel was a high point in my life, right up there with holding my first child. The arrival of subsequent novels was exciting, too--more so than I thought it would be. I saw them all as measures of success and items that gave me a great sense of accomplishment. 

Getting good reviews is also something I view as a measure of success. I really sweated that when I published my debut. I suppose I will with every book I turn loose into the world, at least somewhat.

Now I've reached the place in my writing career where I want to grow it into a reliable source of income. Not my sole source, but a source big enough that I might retire early. Life keeps throwing obstacles in my way, but I'm determined to get back to writing regularly as soon as I possibly can.

Thanks for visiting.

❤❤❤❤❤

IWSG is the brainchild of Alex J. Cavanaugh. It's a monthly bloghop that offers a safe haven for writers to express their feelings and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. It's also a venue for offering  support, both in the form of comments and positive posts. Writers of all kinds are welcome. 

We 'meet' the first Wednesday of every month. If you're interested in learning more, click on the link above. And don't be intimidated by the size of the group. We're not expected to visit everyone on the list

Comments

  1. It's great that you're already achieving your goal of being published and now looking at the next one of making income from your writing. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a better chance doing that as a solo author than as a publisher - trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you can get back into it. No more wrenches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also working to get back into writing. It can be a lonely path. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally understand obstacles. I've had my full share the last couple of years. Don't give up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree about making an income. I think it's everyone's dream to be paid for doing those things we love to do. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    Keep bouncing back. The way seems hard right now but don't give up. Keep writing.
    All the best.

    Shalom aleichem,
    Pat G @ EverythingMustChange

    ReplyDelete
  8. Life does like to throw in wrinkles. We just have to keep going, and it sounds like that is just what you are doing. Success!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know, I think of all the people pursuing success, you have a good chance of obtaining it. You're a skillful writer and one determined woman. I hope opportunity and discovery comes your way, and I know the positive reviews will follow. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say.
Thanks for taking the time to comment. = )