Skip to main content

IWSG - Never would I ever

 This is my Insecure Writers Support Group post for June 2023.

Alex's awesome co-hosts this month are: 
Please stop by their blogs and say thank you

💻💻💻💻💻

First, a quick post-heart-surgery update: 
My check-up with the surgeon went well, and I saw my regular cardiologist yesterday. He gave me a clean bill of health, so it's back to work for me. I told my boss it won't be the walking that gets me (I can walk two miles without stopping), it'll be all the things I have to do with my arms. This whole open heart surgery experience has gone better than I thought it would, except for the pain I still have from doing everyday chores. Ouch.

On the writing front: 
Once I felt clear-headed enough (read: once I got off the muscle relaxers. LOL), I started writing my next western historical novel in the Forging America series. Some days I feel good about my story. Other days I battle the dreaded imposter syndrome. This is crap. This is boring. Nobody is going to want to read this

I remind myself that it's just the first draft. Sometimes that helps.
###

June's question is: If you ever stopped writing, what would you replace it with?

I can't see myself stopping anytime soon, unless some kind of disability put an end to it. Hobbies I would like to add or resume once I retire and have time to write AND do other preferred activities are: sewing, quilting, scrapbooking, and traveling the United States in an RV.

What about you?
❤❤❤❤❤

IWSG is the brainchild of Alex J. Cavanaugh. It's a monthly bloghop that offers a safe haven for writers to express their feelings and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. It's also a venue for offering  support, both in the form of comments and positive posts. Writers of all kinds are welcome. 

We 'meet' the first Wednesday of every month. If you're interested in learning more, click on the link above. And don't be intimidated by the size of the group. We're not expected to visit everyone on the list

Comments

  1. So glad you're recovering so well from your surgery. And awesome that you're working on a first draft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your recovery is going well. Getting back to your draft shows you're driven, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy you're recovering. I hope you continue to take care of yourself. If I were to quit writing, I'd probably do art or 3D modeling so I could make figurines of my characters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're recovering. Open heart surgery is no picnic. My friend's hubby had one a couple years ago. It took him some time to go back to work. But you must be doing great if you're thinking about traveling the country in a mobile home. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clean bill of health! Good to hear.
    Keep working at that story. It won't be crap when it's polished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two miles is good. I hope your arms continue to improve.

    My in-laws traveled in an RV for 20 years and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy to hear you are doing ok. But poop on the pain part. :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say.
Thanks for taking the time to comment. = )