Skip to main content

Fictional Amusement

One of my goals when I pre-scheduled July's posts was to keep at least SOME of them brief, but then I got tagged in a couple of memes, and one of the shortest posts ever in the history of my blog turned into two long ones (read: blame Carrie Butler). :P  I managed to sneak in a short one today. Maybe I'll be more successful in August...


A post I saw on another blog asked visitors to relate their favorite fiction to food. I'm going to springboard off that and ask you to relate it to amusement rides.

I pick: the roller coaster. 

I like to experience my fictionfiction that takes me on a suspenseful climb, lasting just long enough to orient me and draw me into the story, then flings me down a steep hill, plunging me to stomach-dropping lows, thrusting me to breathtaking highs, and sending me around hairpin curves until it dumps me off at the end, emotionally wrung out and satisfied, leaving me with memories I'll ponder for some time to come.

What amusement ride best exemplifies your favorite fiction?

Comments

  1. I'd have to agree. I love fast and intense with unexpected twists and turns. I think my second post ever was something about writing itself being a roller coaster. Great analogy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? Don't blame Carrie Butler! I heard she's a nice girl...

    *Cough*

    You know what? I think I'll go with the roller coaster, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! Two votes for the coaster! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd go for roller coaster. I like my movies that way as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woot! Another coaster! I keep waiting for someone to say 'lazy river' or something. LOL :P
      Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  5. The Gravitron. I like books that pull me in with so much force, I don't even notice hours have gone by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES! A roller-coaster for sure! And I love how you say you want to "experience" your fiction. That is so perfectly put. I completely agree! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo! Another coaster!
      Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  7. Lazy river books would suck. XD

    I like the rollercoasters! Who doesn't like rollercoasters? Does someone here NOT like rollercoasters?

    As for food, I like the un-labeled vegan cookie. Where you're eating it and loving it and then at the end you realize you weren't eating what you thought you were eating. Gasp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha Too funny!
      And, another coaster. Yea!!! :D

      Delete
  8. What a great analogy. And ya, I'm going with roller coaster, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say.
Thanks for taking the time to comment. = )