Skip to main content

Blog Post Buffet


Below are links to articles I've come across lately that I thought you might enjoy.


Craft Tips

Do you struggle to avoid head-hopping in your work, or find it difficult to smoothly switch POVs? Jami Gold can help. 

Ava Jae at Writability posted about tackling the overwhelming job of editing.

Multi-published author Sylvia Rochester also has a good post on editing.

Author Politics


Morgan Shamy wrote a very thought-provoking post on: 

Document Formatting 

Jordan McCollum visits Jami Gold’s blog with the inside scoop on setting up MS Word default templates for manuscripts. 

Then Jami on Using Createspace as a Learning Experience. (Jami has a LOT of great information for writers on her blog. Take my advice. Go poke around.)

If you liked those, here’s a post by Loni Townsend describing her formatting/Createspace experience. 

And here's the post showing the actual copy she got...


Publishing

This post on The Book Designer blog isn’t new, but it’s entertaining (and possibly educational). 

###

Note: Due to an increased need for family time right now, 
I'm going to reduce the frequency of my posts and back off on 
my internet presence. I'll still post, just not as often.

As always, thanks for visiting. :)

Comments

  1. These sound very helpful! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting links, Melissa!
    First things first and family comes first. Do what you need to do. Dragon hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these links--so helpful! Thanks for putting it together.
    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the list. I've read a couple of those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went and read 3 of the articles. Good stuff. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great sites and I thought Morgan's article was thought-provoking too. Hope all is well with you and your family, Melissa. All the best to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing the awesome list of sites and blog post. I love coming across post like this. I realize that you put in a tremendous amount of time reading, gathering a deciding which post to promote. I'm grateful for your time and effort. I am a big fan of Jami Gold's blog. She has so many useful and informative writing post and she always breaks each issue down in a way that I can relate to. I'm so excited that she has launched her own manuscript editing and book doctoring services. She does seem to have the magic touch for fixing things. Thanks for sharing all of these great post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Family always has priority. Of course I'll miss you, though :)

    Great links. I could especially use the one on POV changes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, great list! Morgan's post was indeed a great, through-provoking one. I'll have to go check out these others :)

    Sarah Allen
    (From Sarah, with Joy)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great links, thanks for sharing - sometimes the internet is just far too big to see it all :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the list. These sound helpful. And I know what you mean about stepping back. Sometimes it's the best thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like we hang out in a lot of the same places. Great minds think alike! :) Jami Gold is amazing.
    Hope to see you around! Maybe next IWSG?
    I'm off to check out the 10 Worst Self Pub mistakes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another MM post I have bookmarked, sheesh I will soon have to make a Maygrove folder for all your interesting tips/headsups/forwards, etc :)

    Hugs and take care of the family - all us step-writers will be here whenever you have the time :)

    PS... thanks for the gift of the Platinum ManCard - I shall never leave home without it (unless I go the barbers to have my mullet wig groomed - no, it's not "cut", it's groomed :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. First, I need to go to that POV article. Then I will try to get in as many of the others as I can. (I already read Morgan's...my fave red head who can dance on her toes!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope all is well with your family, Melissa.
    Take care and thanks for sharing all of these links, I need all the advice I can get LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm bookmarking this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Family First is a great motto. Excellent links here. Now...go enjoy your family. We'll see you when we see you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great list there. And I love the wordle. lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. Family comes first. Hope everything is ok on your end.
    Thanks for the links! I'll have to come back and check them out, a few of them already catch my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So keeping this list! What a good one. Definitely need to check these out.

    Sarah Allen
    (From Sarah, with Joy)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! great links. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say.
Thanks for taking the time to comment. = )